https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 28 May 2016

Happy Birthday Jim

Hi guys, It's my hubby's 60th Birthday today, Yikes were have those years gone!!! lol
anyway here is the card I made for him,
I have Used some kraft coloured chipboard as the base front of my card then this Prima paper from my stash I've had for ages, just waiting for the right card, and I thought this is it!!!
I added a layer in the middle of watered down gesso, then added a Agateria  Ink spot Stencil available from Love to craft and create then I added a die cut the frame out of three layers of kraft card stock glued them together then added some stain with  a Stampendous Frantage Jewel kit, this I then layered with a piece of random paper from my stash and the chipboards to create depth and interest,

The chipboard leaf, clock and hexagon shapes are by Dusty Attic, these I have coloured with a little ground espresso distress ink,
I took some white card stock lightly stained with vintage photo distress ink for the center then added some die cuts,
Jim's an Electrician so I added a light bulb too!!!
Too finish off my card I added some twine, a butterfly cut from another one of the Prima papers, some hand stamped stitching effect, some micro beads in bronze and the clock hands and pocket watch from the latest Craft Box set by Anna, Jim noticed this watch the other day and liked it so it just had to be added didn't it?
I love to do mixed media, but this is the first one I am quite happy with, lol 
hope he likes it too!!!
Back tomorrow with my usual Sunday post!!
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

2 comments:

Janette said...

Liz this is stunning, love all the mixed media that's going on.....Congrats to your hubby, I hope he has had a wonderful day...many happy returns...xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Liz, this is a really gorgeous card. Love all the little details you have added to make it a personal card. Hope your husband had an enjoyable birthday. Donna