https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 21 April 2014

Beautiful Memories

Hi guys I'm here today hopefully as my internet keeps crashing!!!!! waiting for yet another modem so hope this solves it grrr!!!!
I have been saying for a few weeks I fancied attempting to do a scrap book page, well here is my first attempt ever!!!!!!! EEEKKKK

I have used a gorgeous photo Kay took of Tegan a few hours after she was born, I printed it onto matt photo paper but think I need so better quality stuff lol,
The gorgeous papers are of course Maja design  Sofiero collection and the clocks are from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection number XVI, sooooo love these papers I can't get enough of them he he,
the edges are distressed as usual and I tore the top left and curled the paper edges back, added some flowers and one of the fabby Prima Junkyard findings from Live and love crafts,
I added a little stitch effect stamping using a Lily of the Valley stamp too,
The clock design is made using some home made 3D texture paste and a crafters workshop stencil Mini travel time,
The beautiful Cheery Lynn flourishes I cut in two sizes and added a  butterfly made from Delight air dry clay from Crafts and Me,  which I made using a Martha Stewart mould,
The background is made by  adding a little Versa Magic chalk ink in Pink Petunia here and there, then layering some corrugated card board, strips of the papers, Tim Holtz film strip, Prima flowers, a charm and cheesecloth from my stash, pearl string from The Ribbon girl, Lace from Live and Love crafts and to soften off the strong colours on the flowers a little Picket Fence crackle paint,
At the bottom of the main focal point and lower left is another crafters workshop stencil called Art is,
I have made this for Kay, hope she will like it!!!

Challenges
The Ribbon Girl - Yellow/Lemon projects
Cheery Lynn - Mothers day 
Fussy and Fancy - Pearls and Lace

Let me know what you think!!!
but please be kind lol!!!
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

A stunning layout Liz...gorgeous photo and everything balanced perfectly.I love the little zipper with the flowers poking through..gorgeous papers,colours, distressing..beautiful work..you should be so proud.

luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

What a fabulous first scrapbook page!! I love all the elements combined on your shabby page, and the beautiful flourish in white peeking from behind sweet little Tegan. Kay will certainly treasure this for Mother's Day! Thanks for joining this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge!

May said...

WOW...What a beautiful layout...the attention to detail is outstanding...The photo is adorable.. Beautiful baby... the embellishments are perfect... Love it... Thank you so much for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Challenge... Hugs May x x

shulsart said...

Adorable layout, Liz. What a cutie and wonderful choice of dies and flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Awesome page Liz!! You've entered the world of 12x12 scrapbooking with a bang! Love the texture work and the colors you've chosen to work with are just perfect for a baby page! Gorgeous!! (funny, you'll see that I used similar stencils on a baby page I made for a friend that will be posted tomorrow!)...great minds think alike right :) xo

Unknown said...

Aaww, this is a page to cherish, so much love and devotion has gone into this Liz, no wonder, for Tegan is such a sweetie! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Beth Brovold said...

Well Liz...if this is your first attempt I can hardly wait to see what you come up with in a year or so!!!! What a truly BREATHTAKING page featuring your sweet little Granddaughter!!! The photo of course is the SHOWSTOPPER...all the lovely details and embellishments you have surrounded Tegan with are simply STUNNING!! Here as a follower first...then saw that you have posted with us at Fussy and Fancy "Pearls and Lace"...thanks for sharing!!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just such a beautiful and serene design. A precious photo too and I love the little zipper.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}